Need some motivation to start spring cleaning? We’re offering a chance to clean out your closets and replace that old backpack or tent with something new. Outdoor companies continue to innovate with new technologies, fabrics, and fits. This is the perfect chance to save as you update your gear stash.
Drop off your gently used gear at Diamond Brand Outdoors in South Asheville’s Parkway Center (1378 Hendersonville Road) during regular business hours from April 6-April 19, 2017. We’ll give you 20% off a new item so you get get back on the trail or on the water without missing a step (or paddle stroke). We’ll sell some of the gear at the Asheville Gear Swap and donate the rest to nonprofits connecting local kids and teens with quality outdoor experiences. (Keep this in mind when you ask, “Will someone else really be able to use this again?”)
- We’ll accept any item that is the same or similar to the products we currently stock. However, we retain the right to refuse any item. Below are some brief, but more specific guidelines.
- Examples of acceptable items include packs, tents, sleeping bags, stoves, lanterns, guide books, luggage, camping chairs, PFDs, paddles, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards.
- Examples of unacceptable items include any item above that is dirty or unserviceable. Other items are excluded for legal or hygienic reasons, such as SHOES, rain gear, clothing, apparel, undergarments, personal hygiene items, furniture, climbing equipment, helmets, and electronics.
- Please consolidate your items to one “drop off.” Limit is three items per person.
- If you have any questions, please contact one of our expert team members at (828) 684-6262 or in person at our store on 1378 Hendersonville Road in Asheville.
If you’ve got more than three items you’d like to trade in, please consider a booth for $15 at the Asheville Gear Swap on April 22. You can set up a tent, bring a table, lay out a blanket, or sell out of your own vehicle!